Mark in your calendars: you are invoted to join us on March 13, to discuss patient empowerment and engagement in Estonia and abroad.
The purpose of the event is to showcase good practices, drawing to some extent from local sources i.e. Estonia, but also with European speakers to help illustrate the state of the art, as it is. Patients, professionals and healthcare service developers / providers are important developing digital health in the future.
After the seminar participants will have a clearer understanding of
- Patient empowerment in digital era
- Future of patient engagement in Estonia and abroad
- Health technology contribution in practice
Relevant areas of the discussion
- Educational, citizens being more informed and involved into decision making process about their own health, to allow them to be more active partners to healthcare providers
- Enhancing joint decision-making via digital technology (research outputs available – David). There are examples of good practice, and the opportunities that new digital tools for enhancing co-operation between stakeholders. Digital enhancement of practice.
- Self-management. Patient empowerment via digital technology. Presentation of digital tools for self-management
9:45 – 10:15 Coffee and registration
10:15 Introduction to the day – Piret Hirv, Connected Health Cluster Manager
10:30 “Better Patient Engagement using Personalized Videos”, Dr. Rami Cohen, Telesofia
10:50 “A whole population approach to self-care” learning from the NHS new models of care program“, Jim Philips, NHS
11:15 Keynote speech: Ain Aaviksoo, Ministry of Social Affairs
11:35 Discussion 1 in panel – “Weaknesses and strengths today?” Moderator: Mart Soonik
12:40 “Health apps tested by people like you,” Dee O’Sullivan, myhealthapps.net
13:00 Patient monitoring made different, Elin Haf Davies, Aparito
13:20 Estonian example, Anneli Habicht
13:40 Discussion 2 in panel – “What are our steps in the future? Possible agreement?” Moderator: Mart Soonik
14:00 Coffee and networking
15:00 End of the event
Date: March 13, 2018. Time 9:45 – 15:00
Location: Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol, Teaduspargi 6/1, Saturn
Moderator of the day: Mart Soonik
Working language of the seminar: English
Participation fee: 125,00 EUR + VAT 20%
Registration Date: 5.03.2018
The seminar is free of charge for students, Connected Health Cluster members and public sector partners, Science Park Tehnopol members.
Target audience: Cluster members, healthcare service providers (nurses, doctors, therapists, other specialists), public sector (local municipality representatives, ministries), patient representatives